Crab cakes are a part of everyone’s fall and winter cooking repertoire. They’re popular because they work well with just about any other dish you fancy, whether it be oven-fried chicken, stuffed fish, or a hearty serving of steak and potatoes.
However, it can be tempting to stop long before your crab cakes are done, especially if they’re frozen.
This can lead to pretty bare crab cakes that aren’t quite as crispy or as flavorful as you want them to be.
But fear not. There are simple ways to finish the job and bring those tasty morsels of seafood to new heights – air-frying them.
In this article, I’ll teach you how to air fry frozen crab cakes so that they come out perfectly crispy and delicious.
Can You Fry Frozen Crab Cakes?
Yes, you can air fry frozen crab cakes.
Crab cakes are typically fried in oil or butter but you can also air fry them. Still, air frying is a great way to cook frozen crab cakes, especially if you have a lot of them.
It’s a quick and easy way to get them crispy and delicious. Air frying is the perfect way to cook seafood because it doesn’t require any added fat or oil.
In fact, it’s even healthier because it doesn’t contain any unhealthy fats. All you need is a bit of oil for flavor and to prevent sticking, and your seafood will be cooked perfectly every time.
How To Air Fry Frozen Crab Cakes?
If you love crab cakes but hate the mess and oil that comes with frying them, air frying them may be the perfect solution for you.
So, here’s how to air fry frozen crab cakes:
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 3 to 5 minutes before adding your frozen crab cakes. This will help ensure they cook evenly and won’t become dry or rubbery.
- Once your air fryer is prepped, add a small amount of oil or cooking spray to the bottom of each cup and place the crab cakes in.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce, such as tartar sauce, mayo, or ketchup.
If you’re feeling extra ambitious, try creating a quick and easy Crab Cake Slider dish by pairing cooked crab cakes with slider buns and your favorite toppings, such as lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and cheese slices.
How Long Does Crab Cakes Go In The Air Fryer?
Crab cakes can be air fry for a short time or for a long time. For example,
- Mini Frozen Crab Cakes takes 8-9 minutes at 375F
- Standard Size Crab Cakes takes 10-12 minutes at 375
- Homemade Crab Cakes take 8-12 minutes at 350
How To Make Crab Cakes In An Air Fryer
How To Make Crab Cakes In An Air Fryer
- 1 pound Crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Blackpepper
- 1 Large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 3 tbsp Vegetable oil, divided
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and pepper. In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk, and 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring spoon to scoop out the batter and shape it into 4-inch cakes.
- Place cakes on a baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 12 hours.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the air fryer over medium heat. Place crab cakes in the air fryer and cook for 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
- Place crab cakes in the air fryer and cook for 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Now serve the crab cake and to make the taste even better, you can add Crafty Crab Boom Sauce.
So there you have how to air fry frozen crab cakes, a foolproof and totally delicious way to cook frozen crab cakes.
Air frying them is a great way to avoid greasy utensils and burning food, and they come out with a crispy outer layer that’s perfect for a tasty bite.
Not only are they delicious, but it’s time well spent. So that was another easy meal I made.
I hope you enjoyed it and will be able to enjoy the perfect snack any time of day.