Are you a fan of siomai? If so, then you’ll love this healthy chicken siomai recipe. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also easy to make.
All you need is some cooked chicken, shrimp, and vegetables.
You can either cook the chicken and shrimp yourself or use precooked ingredients from the grocery store.
Although it’s easy to make healthy chicken siomai, comprehensive guidance can really help to enhance the taste.
So what are you waiting for? Just jump on this article for guidance as well as to know about the nutrition facts.
What Are Siomai And Their Health Benefits?
Siomai is a type of Chinese dumpling that is popular in many Asian countries.
It is typically made with ground red meat or shrimp, and vegetables such as cabbage or chives.
And siomai is often steamed and served with soy sauce or chili sauce.
Moreover, there are many health benefits associated with eating siomai. For one, siomai is a good source of protein and nutrients.
It is also low in calories and fat, making it a healthy choice for those watching their weight.
Additionally, siomai is believed to boost immunity and help protect against diseases such as cancer.
So, if you’re looking for a delicious and healthy snack, be sure to give siomai a try.
How To Make Healthy Chicken Siomai Recipe(Step-By-Step Process)
Easy Steamed Chicken Siomai Recipe
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 40 wonton wrappers
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, mix together ground chicken, onion, celery, carrot, flour, salt, pepper, and sesame oil.
- To assemble the siomais, place a wonton wrapper in the palm of your hand. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the chicken mixture into the center of the wrapper. Fold the wrapper in half, bringing the two opposite corners together. Pinch the wrapper together in the center to seal.
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the siomais and cook for 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, mix together chicken broth and egg. Pourover siomais. Serve with soy sauce and chili sauce. Enjoy.
The Different Ways To Make Siomai
The dish siomai is a type of steamed dumpling that is popular in Chinese cuisine. There are many different ways to make siomai, and each region or cook may have their own unique recipe.
- One popular way to make siomai is to first wrap the filling in a wonton wrapper. The wonton wrapper is then sealed by pinching the edges together. After that, the dumplings are steamed until cooked through.
- Another popular method is to wrap the filling in a wonton wrapper and then frying it. This gives the dumpling a crispy exterior.
There are many different fillings that can be used for siomai. Some popular fillings include red meat, shrimp, and vegetables. The filling is typically seasoned with ginger, garlic (you can ignore the garlic if you don’t like it), and green onions.
Plus, siomai is usually served with a dipping sauce such as soy sauce or chili sauce. It can also be served plain or topped with green onions.
Tips For A Healthy Chicken Siomai Dish
- Choose lean cuts of chicken breast or thigh meat for your siomai filling.
- Add healthy ingredients like mushrooms, carrots, and green onions for added flavor and nutrition.
- To make a healthier dumpling, use whole wheat wrappers instead of white flour ones.
- Steaming is the best cooking method to preserve nutrients and prevent the formation of cancer-causing compounds.
With these tips in mind, you can enjoy a delicious and healthy chicken siomai dish without compromising your health. So, go ahead and try out these tips today.
Nutritional Information Of Healthy Chicken Siomai Dish
Healthy chicken siomai is a delicious and nutritious dish that is perfect for any occasion. It is made with lean chicken, healthy vegetables, and low-fat dipping sauce.
This dish is a good source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. It is also low in calories and fat. The following is the nutritional information for one serving of healthy chicken siomai:
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 3 g
- Sodium: 300 mg
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 15 g
This dish is a good choice people who are looking for a healthy and delicious meal. It is also a good option for those who are on a weight loss or maintenance program.
If you’re looking for an easy and healthy chicken siomai recipe, this is the one for you. These little dumplings are perfect for a quick meal or as party appetizers.
And they’re so simple to make all you need is some cooked chicken, veggies, and a few basic seasonings.
So why not give them a try? We promise you won’t be disappointed. Thanks for reading, and happy cooking.