Tamale pie is a popular dish that can be found in many restaurants across the country.
However, each restaurant has its own unique recipe for this dish. In this blog post, I will be sharing my family’s recipe for tamale pie.
This recipe is based on el corral style tamales, which are popular in New Mexico.
Tamale pie is easy to make and it tastes great.
So, if you are looking for a delicious and easy-to-follow tamale pie recipe? Look no further. el corral tamale pie recipe is simple to make and absolutely mouth-watering.
Introduce The El Corral Tamale Pie Recipe
El corral tamales are a type of cornhusker that originates from the state of Nebraska in the United States. They are made with white or yellow cornmeal and are traditionally filled with either beef or pork.
el corral tamales are typically served as part of a larger meal, but can also be eaten as a snack. This recipe for el corral tamale pie is a twist on the traditional dish and is perfect for feeding a crowd.
This el corral tamale pie recipe is perfect for a party or potluck. It’s easy to make and can be made ahead of time. Plus, it’s always a hit with kids and adults alike.
Share A Step-By-Step Guide To Making El Corral Tamale Pie Recipe
I love tamale pie because it’s a delicious and easy way to enjoy tamales. Tamale pie is also a great dish to share with friends and family.
I always look forward to the el corral tamale pie recipe when it’s time to make tamale pie. It’s one of my favorite dishes.
Here are two methods you can follow to make the Tamale pie recipe. Let’s start-
El Corral Tamale Pie Recipe - Method 1
- Elcorral tamales (available at most Hispanic grocery stores)
- Enchilada sauce
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Chopped green onions (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a pie dish withcooking spray.
- Place el corral tamales in the bottom of the dish,overlapping as necessary.
- Pour enchilada sauce over tamales, and then sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Top with sour cream and chopped green onions, if desired.Enjoy.
El Corral Tamale Pie Recipe - Method 2
- Ground beef, pork, or turkey
- Chili powder
- Masaharina or cornmeal
- Chicken broth or water
- Lardor vegetable shortening
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, pork, or turkey over medium heat until browned. Drain fat and stir in onions, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together masa Harina or cornmeal, chicken broth or water, and lard or vegetable shortening.
- To assemble the tamale pie, spread half of the masa mixture over the bottom of a baking dish. Top with the meat mixture then spread the remaining masa mixture over top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until tamale pie is firm and golden brown. Slice into squares and serve. Enjoy.
FAQ About Tamale Pie Recipe El Corral Style
What is the el corral tamale pie recipe?
The el corral tamale pie recipe is a dish made with cornmeal, beef, and tomatoes. It is then baked in a pie dish.
How Long Does It Take To Make El Corral Tamale Pie?
It takes about an hour to make el corral tamale pie.
Can I make el corral tamale pie ahead of time?
Yes, you can make el corral tamale pie ahead of time. Just reheat it before serving.
What goes well with el corral tamale pie?
El corral tamale pie goes well with a green salad or rice and beans.
Can I freeze el corral tamale pie?
Yes, you can freeze el corral tamale pie. Just wrap it tightly in foil or plastic wrap and then place it in a freezer bag. defrost it overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
This post will help you make the el corral tamale pie recipe easily with a minimum time.
Tamale Pie is a great dish to make for a potluck, party, or family gathering. It’s easy to put together and can be tailored to your liking.
Besides this recipe, you can also try golden corral bread pudding, which is also a great dessert.