This cinnamon roll icing recipe is both delicious and easy to make, which makes it the perfect choice for those times when you don’t have time to make powdered sugar but still want that sweet treat.
Well, you can easily make the cinnamon roll icing recipe without powdered sugar with some simple steps.
Simply combine butter, cream cheese, and vanilla extract in a mixer until creamy, then add in the cinnamon and all-purpose flour until well combined.
Finally, add in enough of the milk mixture to make a smooth consistency (you may not need all of it), then pipe or spread the icing onto your rolls before serving.
Looking for more detailed guidance? Simply follow this article for that.
What Is Cinnamon Roll Icing?
The cinnamon roll icing is a sweet and tart icing that is made without using powdered sugar.
This recipe uses only cinnamon, sugar, butter, and eggs to create a delicious and fluffy icing.
The end result is a cinnamon roll that tastes even better than those bought at the store.
What Is The Difference Between Cinnamon Roll Icing And Sugar Cookie Icing?
The main difference between cinnamon roll icing and sugar cookie icing is that cinnamon roll icing is made with only cinnamon, sugar, butter, and eggs while sugar cookie icing typically uses both sugar and butter.
Additionally, cinnamon roll icing is a little sweeter than sugar cookie icing.
What Is The Best Way To Make Cinnamon Roll Icing?
The best way to make cinnamon roll icing is to start by mixing together the sugar, butter, and eggs in a bowl.
Then, add in the ground cinnamon and mix until well combined. Finally, add enough milk to reach a consistency that is smooth but still dense enough to be used as an icing.
Why Avoid Powder Sugar In Cinnamon Roll Icing?
Powder sugar is a common ingredient in cinnamon roll icing, but it can be difficult to work with because it is so finely ground.
As a result, powder sugar can be difficult to incorporate into the icing and can result in a stiff icing that is difficult to spread.
In addition, powder sugar can also cause cinnamon rolls to become too sweet. Instead, using only granulated sugar in cinnamon roll icing results in an icing that is both sweet and spicy.
Cinnamon Roll Icing Recipe Without Powdered Sugar
This cinnamon roll icing recipe is without powdered sugar, which means it’s healthier and will stay fresh longer.
You can also tweak the recipe to make it your own by adding your favorite flavors or extracts – the possibilities are endless.
Cinnamon Roll Icing Recipe Without Powdered Sugar- Method 1
- mixing bowl
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Heat the butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Cook the butter until it starts to turn brown. Don't let it burn.
- Add the brown sugar and cinnamon and stir until the sugar is fully dissolved. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until thickened. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly before using.
Cinnamon Roll Icing Recipe Without Powdered Sugar- Method 2
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the ground cinnamon and egg until well combined. Add in the milk and stir until smooth.
- Pour the icing over the prepared baking sheet and spread out evenly. Using a sharp knife, cut into cinnamon rolls however you like (we recommend using a serrated knife). Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for later use.
Enjoy your delicious cinnamon roll icing without the need for any additional ingredients.
What Are Some Tips For Making The Best Cinnamon Roll Icing?
Some tips for making the best cinnamon roll icing include using fresh ingredients when possible and mixing the sugar, butter, and eggs well before adding any spices.
Additionally, be sure to mix in enough milk so that the icing is smooth but still dense enough to be used as an icing.
Finally, be sure to refrigerate or freeze cinnamon rolls coated in cinnamon roll icing before serving to ensure that they are cold and crispy when eaten.
Finally, now you know how to make cinnamon roll icing recipe without powdered sugar.
This recipe is perfect if you are looking for a healthier alternative to traditional cinnamon roll icing, or if you have dietary restrictions that prohibit you from using powdered sugar.
By using almond milk as the base, this recipe is also gluten-free and grain-free. Give it a try the next time you want to make a festive batch of cinnamon rolls.