Cornbread is a classic Southern dish that is often made using a baking sheet and an oven. But what if you don’t have either of those things? Can you make cornbread in an air fryer?
The answer is yes, you can. In fact, making cornbread in an air fryer can be a convenient and easy way to enjoy this delicious and versatile side dish.
Air fryers have become increasingly popular in recent years for their ability to cook a variety of foods quickly and with minimal oil. In this article, I will explore the steps involved in making cornbread in an air fryer, as well as some tips and variations that you can try.
Whether you are a seasoned baker or a beginner, you will find that making cornbread in an air fryer is a quick and delicious way to enjoy this classic comfort food.
How Can You Make Cornbread In An Air Fryer?
At first, if you’re thinking can you make cornbread in an air fryer or not, the answer is a Big Yes.
You can make cornbread in an air fryer using the same recipe as you would in a regular oven or stove top.
Now you might be wondering how? Here is the basic recipe for making cornbread in an air fryer for you.
Air Fryer Cornbread Recipe
- Air fryer
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the air fryer to 365 °F for 8 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg, and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8-inch square baking pan or a greased 8-inch round cake pan.
- Place the pan in the air fryer and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the air fryer and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
- Make sure your air fryer is heated to 365 degrees before starting the cornbread batter.
- Don’t overfill your air fryer basket with batter; just fill it halfway, so the bread doesn’t sit in oil and become greasy.
- While making cornbread in an air fryer, you can also try this gluten-free cracker barrel cornbread. It also tastes great and good choice for a small meal.
- Don’t bake the cornbread for too long; it should be golden brown and slightly firm to the touch when finished.
- And finally, let the cornbread cool completely before slicing and serving.
Can I heat cornbread in air fryer?
Yes, you can heat cornbread in an air fryer. All you need is preheating the air fryer to 365° F and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or just until warmed through and crisped.
What temperature should cornbread be cooked in an air fryer?
The temperature to cook cornbread in an air fryer is typically 365° to 400° F.
What makes your cornbread moist?
To make cornbread moist, you can try adding in some sour cream or yogurt to the batter, or brushing the bread with melted butter after it comes out of the oven.
Can you put aluminum foil in an air fryer?
You can put aluminum foil in an air fryer, but you should be careful not to block the air flow.
Can you put metal in an air fryer?
It is generally best to avoid putting metal in an air fryer, as it can interfere with the heating element and may cause damage to the appliance. Still, if you do need to use metal in the air fryer, you can use an ovenproof dish or mold in the Air fryer made of metal.
Now you know the answer of can you make cornbread in an air fryer or not. Well, air frying is a great way to cook food without having to use a lot of oil or heat up your kitchen.
Just be sure to follow the recipe carefully and adjust the temperature as needed so that the bread comes out evenly cooked every time.
Cornbread is a great addition to a breakfast or snack menu. It is made with butter and sugar, which makes it rich and decadent.
Cornbread can also be topped with things like syrup or buttercream frosting.
If you are looking for a cornbread recipe that is a little different, perfect for a party, that you can make in a hurry, try this recipe for quick and easy cornbread.