Banana pudding is a classic southern dish that everyone loves. On the other hand, funnel cake is another favorite that’s perfect for fairs and festivals.
So, why not combine the two into one amazing dessert?
This Banana Pudding Funnel Cake Recipe is simple to make and absolutely delicious. It’s the perfect way to impress your friends and family with your cooking skills.
Plus, this recipe also will not take a lot of your time. Interested in the recipe and looking for step-by-step guidance? Simply follow this article to find the recipe with other related aspects.
What Is Funnel Cake And Where Did It Originate From?
Funnel cake is a fried pastry that originated in the United States. This cake was first introduced in the early 1800s and was originally made with a yeast-based batter.
Plus, funnel cakes became popular at county fairs and carnivals in the early 1900s.
They are now found all over the United States, and they are made by pouring batter into a funnel and then frying it in hot oil.
Funnel cakes are often served at fairs and carnivals. However, they can be topped with powdered sugar, fruit, or ice cream.
Most importantly, If you’re in the mood for something sweet and fried, funnel cake is the way to go.
How To Make Banana Pudding Funnel Cake? [Step By Step]
How To Make Banana Pudding Funnel Cake?
- 1 Candy thermometer
- 1 box of vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3-4 ripe bananas, sliced
- Vanilla wafers or graham crackers for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pudding mix, milk, heavy cream, Cool Whip, sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the melted butter to the egg mixture and whisk until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Grease a 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate or cake pan with butter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Arrange the banana slices on top of the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for a few minutes before garnishing with vanilla wafers or graham crackers, if desired. Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy.
Variations On The Banana Pudding Funnel Cake Recipe
As anyone who’s been to a carnival or county fair knows, funnel cakes are delicious. But what if you want to change things up a bit?
That’s where these variations on the classic banana pudding funnel cake recipe come in.
For a richer flavor, try using chocolate pudding mix instead of vanilla. Or go for a more tropical twist by adding some pineapple chunks or passionfruit pulp to the batter.
If you want a more decadent treat, try dipping your funnel cake in melted chocolate or topping it with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of chopped nuts.
No matter how you dress it up, one thing is for sure: this classic dessert is sure to please.
Nutrition Fact of Banana Pudding Funnel Cake
- One serving of banana pudding funnel cake has about 200 calories.
- This dessert is rich in carbohydrates, with over 30 grams per serving.
- Banana pudding funnel cake also contains a moderate amount of protein, with around 5 grams per serving.
- This dessert is relatively high in sugar, with over 20 grams per serving.
- Banana pudding funnel cake is also a good source of dietary fiber, with around 3 grams per serving.
- This dessert contains a moderate amount of fat, with around 10 grams per serving.
- Banana pudding funnel cake is also a good source of several vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, potassium, and magnesium.
- This dessert is relatively high in calories, so it should be consumed in moderation.
- Banana pudding funnel cake can be a good choice for those who are looking for a quick and easy dessert option.
- This dessert can be enjoyed as is, or it can be topped with fresh fruit, whipped cream, or chocolate sauce.
- Banana pudding funnel cake is a popular choice for potlucks and parties.
- This dessert can be made ahead of time and frozen for later use.
Whether you’re looking for an easy dessert to take to your next potluck or party, or just want something tasty to enjoy at home, this banana pudding funnel cake recipe is sure to please.
So, what are you waiting for? Grab your ingredients and get cooking. However, along with making banana pudding funnel cake, if you also want something a little salty, then you’ll like this salted caramel Kentucky butter cake recipe.