There is something about roasting a chicken that just makes your house smell like home. And when it’s about a chicken roast, then nothing can beat the akbar joojeh recipe.
It’s one of the most delicious chicken recipes that offers excellent taste. Plus, this recipe is easy to make, and will take about an hour from start to finish.
All you have to do is gather your ingredients and get ready to enjoy this amazing dish. Want to know more about this recipe? Follow this article for step by step instructions.
What is Akbar Joojeh?
Akbar joojeh is a type of chicken dish that is popular in Iran. It is made with marinated chicken that is grilled or baked, and typically served with rice.
The dish is often made with a lemon and onion sauce, and may also include vegetables such as tomatoes, peppers, and potatoes.
How to Make the Akbar Joojeh Properly?
Akbar Joojeh Original Recipe
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken pieces, onion, garlic, yogurt, tomato paste, turmeric, cumin, salt and black pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place chicken pieces in a roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and cumin. Pour lemon juice over chicken. Dot with butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté until golden brown. Stir in garlic, and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and tomato sauce to the skillet. Simmer for10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken pieces in the roasting pan, and continue baking for an additional 30 minutes. Serve over rice.
Variations of the Akbar Joojeh Recipe
The Akbar Joojeh recipe is a traditional Iranian dish that consists of chicken, onion, and tomato. The dish is usually served with rice or bread.
There are many variations of the Akbar Joojeh recipe, depending on the region where it is prepared.
In some parts of Iran, the dish is made with lamb meat instead of chicken. The lamb is first cooked in a pot with onion, tomato, and various spices.
Once the lamb is cooked, it is shredded and added to the rice.
In other parts of Iran, the Akbar Joojeh recipe is made with chicken thighs or breasts that are marinated in lemon juice, onion, and spices.
The chicken is then grilled or roasted and served with rice.
The Akbar Joojeh recipe can also be made with tofu for a vegetarian option. The tofu is marinated in the same way as the chicken and then grilled or roasted. It is served with rice or bread.
No matter what the variation, the Akbar Joojeh recipe is a delicious and hearty dish that is perfect for any occasion.
Tips For Making Akber Joojeh Perfect Every Time
- Marinate the chicken overnight in a mixture of lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Preheat the grill to high heat before cooking the chicken.
- Grill the chicken for 6-8 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Serve with grilled vegetables and basmati rice.
Nutritional Information of Akbar Joojeh
Akbar Joojeh is a popular Iranian dish made with chicken, rice, and vegetables. It is typically served with a yogurt sauce or a tomato-based sauce. Akbar Joojeh is high in protein and low in fat.
1 Cup of Cooked Akbar Joojeh Contains:
- Calories: 260
- Total Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Cholesterol: 70 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 15 g
The following vitamins and minerals are found in Akbar Joojeh:
- Vitamin A: 10%
- Vitamin C: 15%
- Calcium: 4%
- Iron: 10%
Akbar Joojeh is a good source of protein and vitamins, and it is low in fat. This makes it a healthy choice for those who are looking for a nutritious meal.
Are there Any Health Benefits of Eating Akbar Joojeh?
Akbar Joojeh is a traditional Iranian dish made with chicken, rice, and vegetables. It is often served with a savory yogurt sauce on top.
While Akbar Joojeh may not be the healthiest option out there, it does have some health benefits that make it worth considering.
For one, Akbar Joojeh is a good source of protein. Chicken is a lean protein that is packed with nutrients like niacin, selenium, and vitamin B6.
These nutrients are essential for maintaining a healthy metabolism and keeping your energy levels up.
In addition to being a good source of protein, Akbar Joojeh is also a good source of fiber.
The rice and vegetables in the dish provide your body with the fiber it needs to keep things moving along smoothly.
Fiber is important for keeping your digestive system healthy and preventing constipation.
Finally, Akbar Joojeh is a good source of antioxidants. Chicken and rice are both excellent sources of antioxidants, which help to protect your body against cell damage.
Antioxidants are important for maintaining a healthy immune system and keeping your skin looking young and radiant.
Akbar Joojeh recipe is one of the easiest recipes to make and it tastes delicious. You can serve it as a main dish or as a side dish.
If you are looking for an easy recipe that will impress your guests, give this recipe a try.